Thursday, March 5, 2009

Silence for the past 2 weeks

I have been missing out on blogging almost for the last two weeks. Reason? I have been extremely busy with my work and had been pretty ill myself as well.

Work is overwhelming BUT is certainly exciting. Why would I say its overwhelming? Looking at my capabilities, strength and level of endurance - what I am facing now is really chicken feet. Overwhelming is because of the amount of stress I put on myself on completing my work tasks within my working hours and keeping my after-work hours solely for my studies.

I had wanted to complete my 2nd assignment before the mid of March, but health has been keeping me away from getting my goal accomplished. Being ill for the past 1 week plus has definitely kept me abstained from taxing my health further. Not to mention that I had to refrain from eating the normal choice of food that I prefer. All in all, it is indeed a great hassle for me to balance both my health and my commitment perfectly, like I had always wanted to take charge/control of. By the way, I am a true-blue Choleric Sanguine for those who do not really know me.

Since early last week, my mind had wanted to push on, but my body and health way screaming its way out. That's when all hell broke loose and I was down with fever on last Wednesday. Imagine, I still sent my colleague a sms at 6.30am telling him I'll be a little late as I will be dropping by to the clinic first. Guess the doctor knew it better than me, he issued me with a MC and prescribed me medication and that kept me glued to the bed for the rest of the day!

I am still not back to my good health as of now, still battling with a stubborn-and-would-not-want-to-go-away sorethroat and my on-again-off-again sinus problem. And it is because of these 2 issues... and the medications, I can't keep my eyes open to work on my way-behind-time assignments. And to make matters worse, me and my silly and constantly worried mind, is working up all the unnecessary stress for myself.

Aside from my silly attitude, maybe its also because of mind exhaustion, I get really tired right after work. I can't face my books even if I still have that 20% strength remaining in me. My mind is void of ideas and words, what more with analysing power for my assignments. So, Facebook and some blog reading have been my window for de-stressing during these two weeks.

Well folks, till I can find time to gather myself again. Pardon me for my missing-in-action updates and blog-commenting till then.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Take Care Mabel.. Works will never finish..take more time to rest and spend time for yourself and family ya.. :)

Eirin said...

Thanks a lot dear... I have just completed my 2nd assignment consisting of 95 pages a minute ago. At least another breath of relief for today.