Monday, April 27, 2009

Time... time... Precious Time

Time is always ticking and whatever that has happened in the past hour, can never be rewinded nor be brought back again. I have been living with this statement in my mind over the years since my late teenage days. And maybe it was also the reason why it made me different when compared to a lot of people at my age then.

I always appear stronger, tougher and more mature in my thoughts and decisions since my then days. This is because I know, if we do not live life to the fullest or to treasure even a single moment spent in it, we will live to regret over a simple or stupid decision we have made earlier.

So far, I am proud to say that I have never regretted over any of my decisions EXCEPT for not paying good attention in school during my secondary school days - mainly due to the fact that I was too playful then. This was also the turning point for me to buck-up and move on in life and telling myself never to repeat the same stupid action again.

Even like now, for the reason that I have decided to forgo my intention to continue with my Masters, I seriously do not feel a wee bit of regret, because I know whatever decision that I make now, I am sure to have given it due thought.

I am the type of character that is persistent and adamant at getting what I want to accomplish within the right timeframe given, if not for a shorter period - and done with perfection. Can say that I am a perfectionist when it comes to delivering whatever task that I choose to lay my hands on. And if I do not achieve my goal or the standards that I have set for myself, I would get pretty upset over it. But, I also have something which counters this rigid feeling of mine. Let's say I have decided to do something, and I did gave it my best shot - yet, I could not achieve it, when I release it or give-up later - I will have no regrets because I know I did my best. Likewise, if I choose to give-up without giving it a shot - I WILL regret it for life! And this is something which I have not been doing for a long period of time - for as long as I can remember.

So, right now - I am seriously going to put some precious time for my family, and not going to miss out on catching on my kids' growing up years after I have decided to let go the pursuance of a Masters degree. And I am 110% sure that God is going to make both my family and work life a great phase in life which I will never forget.

Have a great and productive week ahead peeps! And God bless ya!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are a brave strong woman!
it is better to regret something you've done than something you haven't done.
And you tried your best!

Let's celebrate life!
wiser, bolder, stronger, and prettier!