Sunday, April 19, 2009

Latest Cut

I believe I reviewed about my earlier hairdo experience with Hair Perfect, and results were horrifying despite after spending an exhorbitant RM408.00 just for a professional hair-cut, colouring and its combo-treatment which crumbled my entire crowning glory in just under 2 hours to be exact.

Just Saturday i.e. 18th April 2009, after my orthopeadic consultation, I had decided I needed a "spirit-lifter" and went for my much-needed hair cut after not having a hairdo ever since my incident which was in mid-January 2009. This time, I was comtemplating either to get my haircut done at Extreme or APT ~ which both also are well-known hair salons with their own academy for learning. And as Nick was having an intention to visit an aquarium mall, which is located diagonally opposite APT, I decided that I should give them a try.

Their professional cut was only RM43, and an additonal RM5 for the wash too ~ this is considered reasonable compared to where I used to patronize back in 2005 and 2006 i.e. Baptain where the professional cut alone is RM55 without a wash too.

I was immediately ushered in and given a selection on the choices which I wish to have for my hair, and the professional hair-stylist was instantanously summoned to attend to me. Pardon me, I forgot to get his name ~ silly me! He greeted me with a smile and asked me of my intention. Without further a-do, he felt my hair and suggested a style and thickness that will suit me best - and asked if I am fine with his suggestion, which I gladly agreed.

So, he went on to snip away my extra length, gave me a personalised hair-wash (which in many hair salons will be handled by the helpers a.k.a. shampoo assistants), blowed-dry my hair and continue to complete the haircut to reach the perfect style that he has recommended.

The best part about this salon is, they DO NOT sell or pursue you to use their products, and neither do they literally "force" you to do some kind of treatment, or colouring if you do not have any intention to do so. They strictly let the customers rule!

The only question the stylist asked me was, what option would I like to have for my choice of shampoo, and when I voiced "scalp-care", he mentioned he has, and that will be an additional charge of RM3 - which I am happy to know. So, the total bill was only RM51, and this was the end result... complete with my mineral make-up look...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh RM 51? wow that is so affordable and NICE Too!!
like your mineral make up look!
and RM 400 is just way too much for me to do hair maintenance .

But it is all about the right hairdresser right?
I went to the neighborhood saloon , cutting cost me RM 25 , washing n blow dry RM 8
not bad... :)