Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Truth About Blogging in Me

Blogging... what gave me that spur to start blogging about the environment and the life that surrounds me? Well, I used to detail down every happening of my life during my school days (that was like some 15 years back) *oops! I just indirectly disclosed my age!* Back then, I used to note everything down in my little diary on a daily basis. And gradually, as I completed my secondary school and started working and so forth... my penning down habit sort of followed through and started dwindling down to recording of specific events and dates only, right up to zero records *lol* Simple, the main reason was, I only wanted to remember good times and not write about unhappy moments which I do not want to remember. sounds familiar huh... living in denial of the truth.

Earlier this year, I followed through with a friend's blog which she'll blog mostly about her life and her little darling son, Darren in her Friendster's blog. Keeping up with her life stories was exciting and it sort of given me the longing to start detailing about my life again like what I had used to do back during my early teenage days. Then, I came across Bonnie's blog i.e. http://wirahwanniewatari.blogspot.com where she blogs about her life and her little adorable son, Wawa.... *wuah!* I started to ponder.... "Am I missing something in my life? How would I recall some special happenings when I do not blog or write about it for my memory sake". This actually drew the old courage back to write about my thoughts, my life experiences, my opinions and much more to come.

Here, I actually have Guat Khim and Bonnie to thank for, for re-lighting my interest and giving me that spark to start writing about my life and my surroundings again. I actually never had the courage to do so until I came across Bonnie's blog. Thanks in heaps ladies!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow.. I never thought of jotting down my life will give you courage to start your penning habit again. Your word does makes me proud *ehem ehem*.

Am glad you take this step. With 3 kids, you will have tons of story to share! Besides of write for your memory's sake. It does help in found of wonderful friends, right?

So keep up the word, I will drop by often for update. Right now, I really wish to read about your kids. =)

Eirin said...

hahaa... thanks a lot Bonnie. About my kids... I sure have a lot to write but I seriously do not know where to start as of now. Need to get the hang of it before the engines can start running again *hahaha* my pen is getting old and rusty after the long put-away.