Monday, December 1, 2008

Change of Field...

Sometimes I asked myself how much have I contributed in the field that I am in now. Well, I am in the human resources field and practicing in a SME company as its HR Manager at present.

Human resource is certainly an exciting field to be in if one has the passion to work with people, and some very difficult people as well *lol*. I have been in the HR industry for the last 8 years as far as I could recall for now spontaneously, and sometimes I just feel I am too exhausted to continue.

Meeting and studying human behaviourals has always been my passion, which explains the reason why I am here in the first place. But right now, a new opportunity awaits on the horizon for me to skip and hop into my another favourite industry - procurement. What more, its with a large, stabilised and well-known MNC. Aside from human resource, being in procurement does allows me to continue my passion to meet and study human behaviourals too. (procurement is also one of my main fields aside from HR)

No doubt the opportunity looks tempting when I feel exhausted after the long toll. I am still giving it a serious thought now especially if I were to continue in my present place, will there be job security for me when the economic meltdown will not recover till at least the third quarter next year.

Still pondering...

4 comments:

-Bambino- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnie said...

Well, it all depends on you. It is always good to try new thing. It's addition experience. And you are passion in both right? So should be fine.. Anyway, all the best in making your decision.. :)

Eirin said...

to Bonnie: Thanks a lot dear for your comforting words. I believe the direction is pretty clear for me, and I should be able to blog about my decision by Friday.

Bonnie said...

Hi Mabel,

Am doing blog give away. I hope you can join. Pls check my blog ya, thx. =)
http://wirahwanniewatari.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-give-away.html