Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Recap of 2008 and Welcoming of 2009

As the year is coming to an end for 2008, I can now look back and catch a glimpse of the happenings in my life and counting the blessings that the Lord has blessed me and my family with throughout the year :-

* my 2008 year had started with a good promotion and a fat pay rise;

* hubby was promoted and given a pay rise too;

* next came the news that I had conceived my third child - though it was hard to digest back then as the baby news came at the least expected time, but we are all blessed with this wonderful gift from God;

* had the opportunity to spear-head to massive projects and accomplished my part with a contented smile;

* both my elder boys - Shawn and James went through a wonderful year healthily without any major illnesses;

* though my 3rd pregnancy was a tough one as I was under-nourished and was kept under the watchful eyes of the medical practitioners, blessed that baby Lucas is born healthy and is a fiesty little boy;

* received another promotion and pay rise in the third quarter;

* Shawn (my eldest boy) had a miracle 3rd front tooth replacing his 2nd one which he happened to lick till it dropped off;

* just before Christmas, a wonderful Xmas gift from the Lord for another new phase in my career life with another fatter pay; *grinning sheepishly*

* last but not least, the best of all to end the year with the invitation from University Putra Malaysia to do my Masters in Human Resource Management was the cherry on top of the wonderful dessert!

Well, that's the wonderful list that I could fondly remember for my year 2008. And I am sure that there will be many more in stored for us in 2009.

As a kickstart for year 2009, I am heading for my registration in UPM on the 9th of Jan 2009, and my classes will start instantaneously on the 10th of Jan 2009. Wouldn't that be a great start for me? *grinning happily again*

My new year resolution? "Dear Abba, my Heavenly Father, I just pray and wished that my family and me will all have a steadfast and productive, peaceful and serene, wonderful and amazing, safe and secure, fun-filled and joy in abundance of a year in 2009 filled with Your love, Your grace, Your mercy and Your wisdom, in Jesus most precious name I pray- Amen". That's for my prayers.

As for my personal resolution, learn to save more money, spend less on unnecessary items and continue to live a life filled with faith, forgiveness and obedience, and let God steer my life.

Here's to unfold the fresh start of year 2009 and beyond.... humbly me and my family wishing all our friends, families and loved ones out there....


Happy New Year 2009!


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so envy that you get a FAT PAY..hehe.. Hope I can find a better job too..

Wishing you and your family a prospererous new year, and may this brand new year brings all the good things in life. Happy New Year! =)

Eirin said...

Hey Bonnie... geez... thanks a lot for your well wishes.

The same wishes goes to you & your family, and that the fresh year be filled with great health and joy for all of you. Oh yes! And a good job with FAT pay too! Happy new year!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!
May God blessed us all!

Bonnie said...

Hey Mabel, am doing give away, pls join ya.. :)

http://wirahwanniewatari.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-year-give-away.html