Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Sweet Surprise


Birthdays have always been birthdays to me. Call me old-fashion when it comes to this, but I do strongly believe that birthdays do need to be celebrated - but not necessarily to spend lavishly.

When it came to my birthday recently, Nick had "pre-booked" me to have a weekend together - and we did. Basically, I had wanted some "two of us" time since we are always surrounded by our 3 musketeers in general most of the time.

So, last weekend we did spent sometime together - on Saturday, we caught some time with my parents (my dad returned from Singapore to spend a day with us), was surprised by an impromtu visit by an uncle (my dad's close friend) from KL who watched me grew-up and had a hearty lunch with them. We went to several aquarium shops hunting for some saltwater fishes for our newly setup tank, and even went for a test-drive on a new vehicle which we then subsequently decided to buy. And to top the day, my mom cooked a fabulous dinner for us too.

On Sunday, Nick brought me out for some really "two of us" time together. We had a quick and delicious lunch at Nando's, pick-up our movie tickets for the Star Trek show at Queensbay and happily giggling our way to the theatre holding our pop-corns and drinks just like kids - and had a great time absorbing the movie entirely. All in all, I really had a great time and did not think that there would be something extra since I had clearly mentioned to Nick that we can do away with the cake since I had added a couple of pounds from my recent ice-cream and cakes frenzy appetite.

But, little did I know that he had planned a little surprise for me at home. He had the cake collected, picked up my kids from my IL's and bought KFC for both my children and maid who simply enjoys those fried chicken meals. And just like I mentioned, he said "birthdays will always be birthdays, and it will be incomplete without a cake to celebrate the occasion".

Such a sweet surprise.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear.. Wish you blessed with good health, happiness and always surrounded with the one you loved. God Bless.. :)

Eirin said...

thanks dear *hugs*