Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Excitement

I had been complaining non-stop about being unable to catch sometime to go for my Twilight Saga book hunting.

Well, yesterday I tried my luck with Popular bookstore and got my eye on the only Saga bundle which was priced at RM188.90 for all the 4 books. Pushing my luck a little, I tried to ask the store helper if there is a discount on the bundle since it is being placed together with the stash of books which were on 20% discount. What I got was not something which I had wanted to hear - "I'm sorry miss, the bundle has no discount unless you are a Popular member, then you are entitled to 10% discount. But the 20% discount applies to the other loose copies placed together at the counter".

I felt bummed, still not willing to fork out RM190 for 4 copies of books which I knew I would hardly read-through after once, I went back to the counter and flip through those loose copies in vain to get hold of the 4 books which I had wanted to get so badly. To my dismay, I managed to find Book 3 and 4 only which were priced at RM68.90 (before the 20% discount). And since I have not even started reading Book 1, how on earth can I jump to Book 3? I squashed the thought and returned the books back on the counter, and made my exit from the bookstore as quick as possible before I go ahead to make that purchase.

Back home, I went online to search for the Twilight eBook copies. And to my delight, I found all 4 copies downloadable from a good-Twilight-samaritan who so freely shared her PDF copies with all individuals out there. So, now I have the complete set which are in eBook format - thanks to "dchen". And I am thinking to get it printed out for my easy reading pleasure.

Now, I can't wait to get my hands on them and start my reading spree.

No comments: