Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Little Man... Shawn

Shawn has always been a blessing to us. Being the first child, naturally he gets all the attention from both Nick's parents as well as mine. Other than being showered with unconditional love and gifts, he tends to get spoiled with all the goodies and sweets which should be refrained from taking during a bad cough or sore throat. Well, it still is happening till now.

Born in the year of the dragon, Shawn is 9 years old this year. His favourite past time is playing with the complicated LEGO and LASY sets, which he enjoys mostly other than spending most of his other spare time watching the idiot box - I call it - a.k.a. the television set. I practically had to peel him off the set when he's glued to it, just to get him to go about doing his homework and chores.

Food choice.... *sigh* is always a challenge to serve him with a decent meal. Shawn hates prawns, fishes, seafood, pork and now to add into the list - even his used-to-be-favourite snack i.e. cheese! In short... he's a real picky-eater! Up to the extend of picking out those items listed out above if he sees them lying in his dish *faint*.

In person, Shawn is a cheerful, pretty independent and is a very loving soul. I still remember an incident when he was only 3 years old, and he was alone with me when I was very sick - breathlessness actually. He cared for me, fetch me water, hold my cup, recovered it for me and even did little back rubs for me *awwww... so sweet*.

Well... that's our little man...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Shawn is a handsome boy! :)

Oh..food picker, it always become parent's headache..so perhaps you can also start bentou-ing? He He..

And he is another baby dragon! Wow..we've got 3 dragons here.. :D

Btw Mabel, the didtal scrapbook you did is very nice. Wonder if you can teach me to do it.. Any software or program need to be download? I've always wanted to try but dont know where and how to start..appreciate if you can share with me..thx in advance!