Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life in the past week

This is further to Bonnie's question...

On Shawn...
School for Shawn this year was pretty fine for a start. Since this year is his first year in morning school (his primary 1 and 2 was in the afternoon session), he can cope with it pretty well - especially for an ADHD child. I have to admit that I am quite restless initially as I worried sick if he can adapt well with the switch - knowing that he's an night-owl that doesn't go to bed without me *ahem....* holding my cane. Well, I am certainly very happy that when it turned out otherwise, and that he is performing and behaving quite well this year.

Shawn's mode of transport to and fro from school has been with the school bus since his primary 1 days. So, there are no changes other than the school hours for him. And being at primary 3 this year, he is pretty independent in knowing what to expect and be prepared for in a fresh year. To be exact, after the second day of school, I haven't been appearing to his school during his recess break - and he has been coping with it very well *I am impressed with my boy*.

On my CNY preparation...
To be honest, I have done nothing for CNY this year *grinning shyly*. You'll be asking why so late still have not started with my preparation - my answer: not in the mood. With the gloominess lurking in the air on the uncertainty for most people in the industry due to the economic downturn, and knowing darn well what is coming right after CNY, my hubby and myself really do not have any mood to celebrate CNY. We intend to just give angpows to my parents and ILs only, and probably get a few boxes of mandarins for gift-exchange during house visits. Extremely simple hor... yea... have to agree to that. No CNY props and decos up in my house either, coz we are not planning to invite anyone over too. Yup, our spirit is that low.

Why so low when it doesn't affect us? - you might be thinking... Well, though it will not affect us, but it will affect the market. When people loose their jobs, the spending power is lowered directly, crime rate will increase, and God knows what will happen next. Coupled with the passing of one of my uncles - at the age of 68 only, and being an ex-Malaysian footballer who frequented medical check-ups and clinical visits, and has a good medical record - died of a heart failure.... we hardly could spark off any interest to celebrate the CNY.

Well, just hope that a trip to the mall this weekend to stock up some items will help to alleviate our emotions.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Glad Shawn are doing fine with his school..dont worry too much, kids are amazing, you never know his capability in handling new environment and such..he will amaze you.. :)

Oh, sorry to hear about your uncle.. and yea, everyone is not in the high spirit in celebrate CNY compare to before..but hey, just dont let this make you down, I mean when can we find another big celebration like this to have family and friends to gather together? Also, compare us with those victim at Gaza who is fighting for their life now.. We here is much better.. So cheer up!

Plus, dont let the boys miss this celebration..a least new clothes are a must for them in the 1st day of CNY..it's a tradition and also to let the kids happy.. :)